Pauleywood

It's been a long time coming but finally I have a cool blog that I can call my own. Most people reading will already know who I am. Discussions of hip hop and life will usually take place here when I have things to talk about.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Music Post.


A slight little detour from things Israeli for the moment. Check this video out featuring my man Ohmega Watts and a nice little beat with some crate digging. Northwest Hip Hop at its finest.

Then we slide on down to a dope free album by another friend of mine, COOKBOOK from the LA Symphony. There was a point were I was trying to get a beat on this album but I am lazy. Still it's good, and it's free. The concept is the 80's, so familiar 80's sounds references and such. Very cool for the 80's people and people in their 80's (ok maybe not).

http://www.sphereofhiphop.com/splash/cookbook-i-love-the-80s-album-download.htm

Enjoy, people.



Ok onto the more normal stuff. Some cool pics I took of the light festival in Jerusalem. The story behind this was that there is this light festival in the Old City so we decided to go down and check it out Thursday evening. It was cool cuz it allowed me to go a little crazy with camera exposure and such.

Church of the Redeemer all lit up with a bit of delay which gave it a blur effect.


Down at the old Roman marketplace. This is a lot of butterflies.

Heart effect is cool on this.

Wild and wacky colours on this. I took this on a very high exposure.

Lastly, me at the Western Wall. Very interesting day, shooting Meshi and doing some cutaways and such.

Saturday, I went to the Dead Sea and floated in the water. Actually, it's more like I floated on top of the water. It is crazy the buoyancy of the water. I can't really describe it, you just gotta go see it and experience it for yourself. Then we stopped off in Qumran which is like biblical archeology ground zero. This is where they found the Dead Sea Scrolls. They didn't let us into the cave but we walked through the excavated settlement.

Yesterday, I got some bad news in that the person (namely my cousin Chris) who was gonna take me to Bethlehem can't because he is a landed Israeli immigrant and they can't guarantee his safety. So I still want to go, but nervous to go alone and I am looking to see if there is a guided tour that I can take down for an afternoon or something.

The other thing that might be interesting is going around the country following ZAKA with a camera. Hopefully me and Dan will be able to do that sometime this week and I can maybe take a couple of hours and visit Caesarea in the process. We will see what is up, but got to do it soon because time is running out.

Anyways, it is late and I gotta go to bed. Hope everybody is doing well whereever they are. Talk to y'all soon. Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home