Pauleywood

It's been a long time coming but finally I have a cool blog that I can call my own. Most people reading will already know who I am. Discussions of hip hop and life will usually take place here when I have things to talk about.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Greetings from the Holy Land

I have been trying to update once a week and your thinking to yourself, "he just updated on Thursday". I know I know, I just wanted to let you guys know a couple of details about my return to Canada. First off, things are well here except that I've been pretty much at home for the past few days, simply cuz of not having a car (Jay's car is in the shop) and with the feast of Pentecost (yes it is that time) everything is closed and buses aren't running. I posted a bunch of pictures on my facebook page so if you guys are on there you can take a look at them.

Friday Jay and I walked over to David's in-laws for Pentecost supper and it was delicious. It was also David's little girl Leah's 5th birthday so we had cake and presents and such. Yesterday, was pretty low-key being Shabat, but I did do a couple of small things around the studio to get caught up again (mostly dubbing and digitizing tapes). Today I will do more of the same and do some cataloging too (There is a short series that was shot that I am trying to recompile the episodes and freshen them up a bit). My cousin Dan arrives home on Wednesday and he will be in the studio helping me with stuff and doing some other things he needs to do. It will be interesting with all the stories he has to tell about India and Thailand.

Ok, now the details of my return because they have changed somewhat. I have had the opportunity to go to Mexico so I'm going there for a brief period of time. I'm not sure all the details but it will be crazy with everything going on. I leave Israel July 3rd for London, then I am in England til the 8th when I arrive back to Seattle. Then the following day I leave Seattle for Mexico (PVR I believe) and arrive back in Seattle a week later. So it'll be an interesting jaunt home 5 countries and 3 continents in two weeks (Maybe I go to Egypt still and make it 4 continents). Anyways, take care......I will see you guys soon and I will tell many tales of life here when I return home. Until next time Shalom from Israel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Paul,
this is a test to see if this comment page works...
Graham from Kelowna

May 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Paul,
Recently, I have heard that on the Temple Mount there are two places where the bedrock of Mount Moriah protrudes through the Temple Mount. The most well know is the Dome of the Rock...but I hear that there is a small building the Dome of the Spirit. Can you check it out for me? I was told that from that spot you could see through the East Gate...the gate where Jesus will come through...so the third Temple could be built on this spot and not even disturb the Dome of the Rock...what do you think?
Graham from Kelowna

May 31, 2009 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Pauleywood said...

It is I guess possible. I have heard other people say that as well. I actually haven't been to the top of the mount yet because it is hard if your not muslim, and that is where I think the problem will be. Do the Jews want to build the temple and share with the muslims, and do the muslims want to give the Jews the opportunity to build the temple. Probably not. Although the situation here right now is free from major violence, there is some heavy tension looming over the area between the Palestinians and the Jews. It's not getting better, it is getting worse in many ways.

June 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home