Pauleywood

It's been a long time coming but finally I have a cool blog that I can call my own. Most people reading will already know who I am. Discussions of hip hop and life will usually take place here when I have things to talk about.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Picture Time











So here are a few pictures of my time in London so far. (From top left) 1. Me in front of the London Eye, which is a huge Ferris Wheel 2. On the Westminister Bridge with the Clock Tower in the Background 3. Clock Tower and the Eye taken from Westminister Abbey 4. Me at Piccadily Circus.



Today Kyle and I went to St. Paul's Cathedral for a special panel discussion that British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and Australian PM Kevin Rudd were a part of. It was real interesting particularly when the public were able to ask questions of the two PM's. I entered a question into the discussion (about free enterprise and how corporations are gonna be able to sustain in the economic crisis) but it was never asked. A similar question was asked though so that is prolly why mine wasn't. Kyle entered a question for the two PM's to engage in a freestyle rap battle about global geo-political economic policy. Strangely enough that wasn't asked either. Kyle did manage to get a picture of the two PM's from afar and when It is uploaded off his camera, i'll post it. Obama is in town tonight. Not sure where Harper is just yet. It all goes down over the next few days. Now this was cool not only because we saw two of our world leaders in action, but because we actually got into St. Paul's for free. Booya! Then I ate a Yorkie which is apparently really sexist (long story, ask Charlene Ulanday about that).


Tomorrow is England vs. Ukraine and now Kyle is going to work on his essay because he needs his England time tomorrow. One thing Kyle is that I will NOT, NEVER, EVER, WILL WEAR FACE PAINT. UNDERSTAND KYLE. Grrrrrrrrr.



Anyways, cheers from the other side of the planet. I will dial y'alls soon. Paul


link to an article about the meeting: http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-world/g20-to-set-rules-on-bankers-pay-brown-20090401-9ifp.html

another one:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/31/britain.g20/index.html?eref=rss_latest

P.S You can clearly see the heightened security wherever you go. When I was at the British Museum a few days ago there was no security (other than the in house security). Yesterday we walk by and outside there are at least 20 police officers hanging around the front. Went to the Parliment Buildings and walked down and got a good look at Battersea Power station (took a picture). Battersea is prolly famous because it is such a monolithic structure and is also the cover of Pink Floyd's Animals album. So if you google that then you'll see what I saw (minus the pig). I also saw the SIS building, which is the headquarters of MI6 (yes James Bond's headquarters). I was actually surprised when I realized that is IS the actual real - life headquarters of MI6 and the British Intelligence Agency. (Pics coming soon). Anyways, much love to all. Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home